........We asked a bold, original question: “What’s your best idea for the arts in Philadelphia?”
THESE TWO DOPE DJ'S ROCK EACH AND EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT AT FLUID!!!!!
WE'LL SEE YOU ON THE DANCEFLOOR!
Photos taken by ThroughMyEyezFilm aka Cabcalli
“The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
SPREAD THE LOVE.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TASTYTREATS AT FLUID NIGHTCLUB
**The Return Of The Legendary Weekly**
**with Dj’s Premier, Mike Nyce & Mr. Sonny James**
January 2, 2013
Kicking off its 12th year, the Tasty team is expanding and going back to weekly every Saturday night at Fluid nightclub. With the recent closing of The Walnut Room, the Tastytreats crew invited Mr. Sonny James aka Dj Statik of The Ill Vibe Collective to come and join the family and spin alongside Tasty resident Dj Mike Nyce. The dynamic duo will woo Philadelphia with electric mixes of current and classic hip-hop, reggae, dancehall, classics, funk, soul, and more. Each week the crowd can enjoy $3 drink specials until midnight and ladies free until 11.
Tastytreats is a legendary Philadelphia nightlife experience. Created in 2001, Stacey “Flygirrl” Wilson, Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson and Yameen Allworld set out to start something different for Philly nightlife. Tastytreats came to life. A dance party spanning 12 years that has featured heavyweights such as Dj Jazzy Jeff, Questlove, Q-Tip, Premier & Guru, Ali Shaheed Muhammad, Biz Markie, Cash Money, 9th Wonder, Scratch of EPMD, Rich Medina and many more in addition to their resident Dj Mike Nyce. The party has catered to amazing music and an electric dance floor. And now, it’s time to turn it up.
It all kicks off on Saturday January 5th with very special guest dj, the legendary Dj Premier of Gang Starr with Dj Mike Nyce as well as being hosted by Yameen Allworld. Then on January 12th, they crew brings in their new partner, Mr. Sonny James to rock the party. And the rest is history.
As Flygirrl always says, “See you on the dance floor”.
For more information, interviews, photos & more – please contact :
Stacey “Flygirrl” Wilson
The Blank Workspace.
Information Gathering / Project Debrief.
Investigation & Research.
Brainstorming / Problem Solving.
Explaining the Visual.
Please take a moment to check it out and have some fun! You can even record your piece!
I am on here all of the time. Never make the make the same mix twice! Try it -
Make Some Music!
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day. And while you walk, smile. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Buy a DVR and tape your late night shows and get more sleep.
4. When you wake up in the morning complete the following statement, ‘My purpose is to __________ today.’
5. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
6. Play more games and read more books than you did in 2012.
7. Make time to practice meditation, and prayer. They provide us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink green tea and plenty of water. Eat blueberries, wild Alaskan salmon, broccoli, almonds & walnuts.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Clear clutter from your house, your car, your desk and let new and flowing energy into your life.
14. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip, OR issues of the past, negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade
away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more. It will keep the negative blues away.
18. Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
23. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: ‘In five years, will this matter?’
26. Forgive everyone for everything.
27. What other people think of you is none of your business.
28. Remember God heals everything.
29. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
30. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
31. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
32. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
33. The best is yet to come.
34. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
35. Do the right thing!
36. Call your family often.
37. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for _______. Today I accomplished
38. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
39. Enjoy the ride. Remember this is not Disney World and you certainly don’t want a fast pass. You only have one ride
through life so make the most of it and enjoy the ride.
40. Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can’t change.